You want the best possible start for your child. That means addressing all of the complex parts of your child’s development. That sounds daunting but research shows cognitive growth in young children is inexorably linked to growth in physical coordination and health. Active bodies and imaginations strengthen brain activity. Most parents know that a baby’s ability to crawl has been linked to reading skills later in development. The first few years of life are critical in brain synapse growth and stimulating every sense (physical, emotional, and cognitive) is important in that early development. The Tiny Toes Dance Class uses the M.E.G. technique. The trademarked M.E.G. technique combines movement, expression and growth to develop the whole child. Best of all it is a fun, active way to interact with your child! The Tiny Toes Dance Class provides you with creative, easy to learn methods to engage your child and music which will instill a love of dance.
M - Movement:
Creative movement provides children with healthy and fun exercise which builds strength and flexibility. Strengthening the core muscles correctly aligns and supports the skeleton symmetrically, encouraging good balance and posture.
E - Expression:
Dance is a performance art and the interpretation of thought and feeling into movement is what makes it magic! Acting skills and self expression are beneficial to all walks of life. Children’s natural expressive qualities and imagination should be nurtured and encouraged.
G - Growth:
Cognitive growth in young children is inexorably linked to growth in physical coordination and health. Active imaginations and bodies strengthen brain activity.
The Tiny Toes Dance Class consist of a one hour workshop focusing on five major components: Parents will come away from the Tiny Toes Dance Class learning:
• A detailed description of the M.E.G. technique and how to use it with your child
• Demonstrations on how to create an atmosphere of fun and creativity to engage your child’s imagination and hold their attention.
• How to evaluate your child your child’s movement and engagement.
• Strategies on how to use movement to build strength and coordination correctly.
• How to use dance as an expressive vehicle for children.
Parents will come away from the Tiny Toes Dance Class learning:
• To initiate a interactive, creative playtime of movement with their child.
• To evaluate and encourage their child.
• To engage the whole child - their child’s imagination, cognitive development, and physicality.
One hour workshop cost is $55 per person. Each participant will also receive a copy of the book “Tiny Toes: A Creative Movement Class for Young Children” ($30 retail value). If the space used has a rental fee for the class, the price will be adjusted.